Sunday, October 28, 2007

Silent Hill Ridiculous Dialogue Rant

Bone # 2.5 to pick: continued from Video Dr.'s Gaming from a Girls-Eye-View, blog entry: Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

There are storyline conversations in SH2 that boggle my mind:

The fire escape scene, where he says to himself out loud in the very matter-of-fact calm way he says everything: “Oh no, there is no fire escape anymore. They must have removed it when they built this building next door. I bet if I jumped I could make it through this open window in front of me”…the building next door is literally a foot away and the wide-open, man sized window is directly in front of him.

And (the always classic) to the man James finds vomiting in the toilet: “Your not friends with that red pyramid thing are you”, referring to the bad guy with big knife sword thingy he drags around and the giant pointy hat that he violates monsters on kitchen counters with…

Or when he suggests to the lady who’s searching for her mom that she give him the knife before she hurts someone! I’m sure there would have been a more chivalrous way of writing the acquisition of a knife in the script than taking a lady’s only weapon away in the middle of big-dark-scary-murderous monster-ville.

As I play the game I think I will make note of the stupidest dialogues and continue to post them here in future. Feel free to add your own!

No comments: