Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sueing people to make up for your own low IQ. That's smart!

There are a lot of warnings during gameplay on the Wii like "make sure your wrist strap is secure" and "why don't you pause your game and go outside to play". The wrist strap one is pretty funny. I heard people were trying to sue Nintendo for throwing their controllers into their TVs, at people/windows/etc. or bruising their faces with the nun chuck connector cord. That's just hilarious! there's an article here at Kotaku about faulty wrist straps. Kotaku.com: Wii Straps Result In Class Action Lawsuit

Imagine: you're playing Wii Baseball and you're watching your virtual pitch turn in to a very real session of "Huck your controller directly at the TV screen and watch it smash" (It's funny how time seems to slow down when you've done something stupid.) or you're playing the boxing game: you're dodging, you're punching and WHAM the cable connecting the two controllers smacks you in the eye. These things are your fault, shitty luck, but your fault none the less. NOT Nintendo's. Cummon and take some responsibility for your own clumsiness or stupidity people! I bit my tongue while I was dining at a restaurant the other day. should I sue them?

There are also a bunch of stories and links on the blog, Wii Accidents: Linked Here I found these accounts very amusing and entertaining. The investigative tone in the writing definitly contributed to that!

I feel like perhaps I should close this with a disclaimer to stop people from trying to sue me. Here it goes.

The fact that I think you're stupid for suing a company for your own carelessness or lack of agility DOES NOT mean I am necessarily calling you stupid. Saying you're a total and complete moron who can't take responsibility for your own actions would be called defamation and you could sue me for that. I am merely saying that I think you're stupid and that is a personal opinion and you can't sue me for that! : )

No comments: